Monday, April 2, 2012

Bait**** and their representative Pit Bull

Bait**** & their representative Pit Bull – by Pali


 The world of sports fishing is, a world dominated by men?


Apparently there are a few he-bit**es between them, now I’m not referring to female anglers who I have the deepest respect for. But men with tiny little penises, who properly look more like girls missing an orifice. The internet fishermen who spend more time bit**ing about other angler’s with success, than they spend on fishing and lifting their own level of success in sport’ fishing.

I was warned about their 'kind' when I started to become a sport’s angler, evolving from the regular Put & Take fisher visiting the local stocked trout lake. No offence towards P&T, I still do that too from time to time. I love trout fishing and it’s both easier and cheaper, then joining an angler club to get the rights to fish the local streams.
I soon after I started carp fishing met the first carp anglers who didn’t really want to talk with me, as I was not a member of “his” carp angling community. Here there are two carp angling “communities” and if you’re a member of one of them, the other community members will not talk with you and vice versa. I’m a member of non-of them. But I live in a very small country and I’m used to there is a very limited amount of information available in Danish, the info there is are often locked in private online forums that you will need to pay stupid amounts of money to gain access to. Lucky me I am fairly skilled in English, where I can both read, write and talk English, like so many of the wonderful people on the internet. I really don’t care if I have to read a text in English or Danish, it’s all the same to me and when I rarely come across a word that I don’t know. I have Oxfords Advance Learners English dictionary and internet right at hand, so it’s really not an issue to find all the information I needed about Carp fishing online. I just went outside the Bit**ing world of Danish Carp fishing communities; I soon met Carp anglers from England, France, Canada, Australia and many other nations. Who has been nothing but friendly, and egger to let me learn from them about carp fishing. Along with a few Danish friends, who are experienced carp anglers. Especially the Danish friends have been very helpful, with Danish lakes and ponds that aren’t public listed as carp water.  



I already had a YouTube channel and made videos, also have year’s experience in PR and finding sponsors for youth projects, festivals and concerts. So I figured I could at least try and put that to good use, to see if I couldn’t find some sponsors for myself for a change. My viewer group and subscribers on YouTube was growing month by month, that at least have some PR value and I was sure there where companies out there that would like to benefit from this. Even though I don’t have a huge channel and I don’t have more than 3200 views a month on an average, it’s growing and with some good sponsors the numbers will grow even more.

It took many an e-mail sent, with no after no and many never even replied back. Then a friend told me to contact a new Baits company from Norway, as they were looking for ‘test’ anglers. Now I don’t consider myself a test angler as I lag the experience to be able to tell them what to change in there bait, but an advertisement fisher doing PR for their companies. I have an honest and friendly appeal, and when I’m out fishing with friends. It’s 90% of the time me the bystanders, or the angler next to us will ask questions. Also I enjoy meeting and talking with new people, so it’s an ideal mix of my honest and down to earth YouTube videos and public relations when I am out fishing. I take my time to explain them what I’m doing and what I am using, where I get my gear and bait’s in case they should get intrigued to start fishing.

I get an invite to join the Norwegian bait companies Facebook group, a media I hardly ever use and only use for PR for the concerts and party’s I used to plan and manage. I join there group and talk with them about what I have to offer, we get to an agreement on how both parties can benefit from them sponsoring me products. And I will in return send them pictures, upload my videos and do PR for their bait in general once I know it works.
Bait**** writes me out of the blue!
A few days later the 13th January, out of the blue I get a mail from a Troels Taylor from Bait****. A big bait company, who I very well know about. I already had it recommended from some of my international angling friends, but I never got around writing them. So I am a bit surprised and flattered to have them write me. They offer me I can get cheap quality bait from them, but I kindly decline as I just made a “sponsor” deal with Northern Bait and I’m true to my word. No matter how big a company is, I would not bail on an agreement I already made with my first sponsors. This guy keeps pressing on with his poor sales techniques, trying to sell me his bait. I keep it friendly and keep on telling him no, also he apparently have nothing to offer me and at first I’m not going for his storie about how Bait**** and my new sponsors work in close relations. Especially not going to go back on my words to go from free bait to “cheap” bait, it just makes no sense to the logic thinking and honest person I consider myself.
Now he starts rambling and hanging a third bait company out to dry, bad mouthing CCmore and I am like What the F**k is going on with this guy. He want to know about the deal I made with my sponsor and what my team mates and I pay for the Starbait bait we mainly use. Did he not just say he worked in close relation with them, he should know the deal we made then but not from me. I yet again kindly but now firmly tell him I have no intention to tell him what I pay for anything, that Bait**** was the company that wrote me and if they want to work with me I am not planning on being the paying part. That company sponsorships work the other way around! You give me free products and I in return give the company internet reviews and the other kind of PR I mentioned already.

Now he goes from rambling crap about CCmore, that I have no affiliations with at all. To full on mental bit**ing about how sh**ty I am and the videos I make is pure crap. How a ‘new’ carp angler can’t expect to get sponsor deals, with free bait with nothing to show already. (But I already had a sponsorship, so how serious can I take this guy) Then he refers to the wrong youtube channel, so he went to the wrong place on YouTube. A 2nd channel I have been working on, that only have two videos and 30 subscribers, but do have a link to my real channel. I’m now thinking how retarded is this bloke, is he even for real or what the hell is going on. I have never ever met a person who is representing a company who act's like that, so I write Bait**** UK and ask them. “Who is this guy and is he for real?”
To my surprise; he is representing Bait****, they say they are sorry about how he’s acted towards me, but he sell’s a fair amount of Bait**** bait. They also assure me that they will have a chat with him, as they don’t like the story I have to tell them about my experience with Bait****. The last I hear from this guy Troels Taylor/Bait**** direct is a dissenting mail, showing that Troels Taylor clearly have no clue about what it is I am doing and what international PR is worth. I’m also blocked on his Bait**** and personal Facebook group and that’s it, I don’t give him or Bait**** any more thoughts – until recently.

The 24th march 2012 I land a 26.8 lbs carp on my sponsor bait, breaking my own and several other Danish carp angler’s personal best. In a difficult rated public lake!

The 27th march 2012 the video is published on YouTube and shared by my bait sponsors on their Facebook group, I guess now Troels Taylor from Bait**** get to see my real channel thru that group.  And there I am, I thought I already had seen the bad side of this guy from Bait**** - but how wrong I was.
 
He is now transformed from Troels Taylor to Troll Taylor, as I later get an phone call from one guy and a e-mail from another informing me that he’s apparently been viewing all my videos (got to thank him for that at least). And now he’s on his Facebook forum I was blocked from, calling me a cunt, among other things, flaming and bitching about me. Over every little thing he can find wrong with the videos, which I have made over the past years. Something about I drop a Pike; sure I am not proud of that, but it’s what happens I guess and yeah I could easy have edited it out of the video. But the Northern Pike was checked, it was unharmed and safely released again. It was dropped  into high grass that was flattened so we could fish there, so why lie and edit it out - it happened and I stand corrected. After that I have always had my unhooking mat with me, as it already on YouTube was pointed out it would be a good idea. Also shows in the following pike videos, that I use my unhooking mat. But fair enough it doesn’t look good! 
Then they move on to complaining about the music I chose for my videos, which I kind of find hilarious. Who cares if one or two people like my choice of music or not.  
I have nothing to hide or be ashamed over in my opinion, I have thousands of views every week and so far I have few dislikes in total collected over 2 years. We all know YouTube; and YouTubers are fast at judging, many are really fast on the thumbs down button. So I am not worried about the quality of the videos I make and the fish care I provide, also a huge part of the flaming is done towards another angler that’s with me in some of my videos. I guess he could not find enough on me to really get a debate going. I have no way to address this direct to Troels Taylor, I would have preferred to take it up as real men - not done in public domain. Also I would have taken it direct to Bait**** UK, if they not already showed me they have no way or intention to control their pit bull Troll Taylor.

So to address the matter I have chosen to write an honest blog post about it, as a carp angler who do reviews, videos and try to put my heart out there I'm sharing my experience, with the company Baitcraft. Not a company I so far for all the reasons mentioned above can recommend anyone to support, I have no clue how good their bait is - It is properly fine. I will properly never know, as I don’t think I will be spending my money there. I would on the other hand, like to have an apology from Troels Taylor and Bait****. As Troels Taylor/Bait**** took liberty to public flame me on Facebook, in a forum I’m blocked from so I can’t read or reply there. Rather than take whatever issues he/they have with me, up with me as real men in private. I don’t care if my videos on YouTube are public domain, he is still representing Bait****. He should not be trolling people he first wanted to showcase bait****, after I said no to him. It only shows he is a sorry and sad person with no integrity, Bait**** apparently did not tell him to be a better front for their company, after I wrote them the first time.
I honestly don’t think I will get an apology from either Troels Taylor or Bait****, but I am willing to be surprised!

The moral of the post: If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them, and show you can do better. Rather than being a cunt, bit**ing about it behind their bag, without giving them the chance to stand up for themselves. It's a bad move. 
UPDATE* August 2012

Troels Taylor is no longer  selling bait for Northernbaits or Baitcraft, after he hang me out to dry he then started to flame my friends from Team Bjørnebanden. It resulted in his relationship with Northern baits ended, shortly after that I was informed that his British supplier of baits also quit working with him. Thats good enough for me, so I have removed the company name from this post.

If you read so far, give me a few more seconds of you time and leave me a comment! Thank you - Pali

No comments:

Post a Comment